· U2 Tour Home
· U2 Joshua Tree Tour 2017
· All U2 Tours
· U2 Tour Pictures
· U2 Shop
· Contact Us
· Link us
· Your Account
U2 concert history
Yesterday in 1980
Sports Centre, Bracknell
Wachovia Center, Philadelphia
Lanxess Arena, Cologne
Globo Studios, Sao Paulo
Today in 1980
Espace Tony Garnier, Lyon
Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City
Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, Norman
Lanxess Arena, Cologne
Tomorrow in 1980
Lyceum Ballroom, London
Stade Vélodrome, Marseille
Manray Club, Paris
MCI Center, Washington
Morumbi, Sao Paulo
Manchester Arena, Manchester
|U2 - Experience + Innocence Tour Leg 1: North America |
2018-05-11: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas - Nevada
( other U2 shows at this location )
<<< 2018-05-08 - San Jose | 2018-05-12 - Las Vegas >>>
2018-06-11 - Desiring U2 in Las Vegas submitted by Evan Sasiela
I graduated from college on May 5, so I decided to fly all the way across the U.S. to check out U2 six days later.back
Here are my thoughts on the setlist:
1. Love Is All We Have Left: I had the U2 Experience app on my phone for this song and it was a good intro. Bono singing solo on the runway was a beautiful way to start the concert.
2. The Blackout: Epic live track.
3. Lights of Home: I really liked the strings version of this song and the Las Vegas lights were a real nice touch.
4. Beautiful Day: I've heard this song enough times live to know I will never hate this song.
5. I Will Follow: Would have preferred 11 O'Clock or Stories for Boys or Twilight, but this works.
6. Gloria: Scratch off my first "October" song.
7. Red Flag Day: Could've played a "War" song here but I'll take this. Preferred this over "All Because of You."
8. The Ocean: Wish Bono would've sang the lyrics but this is probably the rarity I wanted to hear the most.
9. Iris (Hold Me Close): I get this is a Bono tribute to his mother but it was the weakest point of the concert and people sat down for this one. I wanted MOFO!
10. Cedarwood Road: I felt this was another stagnant point. I've seen Bono wander through his neighborhood before. I was just waiting for SBS.
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday: Like the I&E version, but I wish the electric Joshua Tree version would've been played.
12. Raised by Wolves: It's a track on Songs of Innocence I thought I wasn't going to like but it's grown on me as a live track.
13. Until the End of the World: Love how Bono performs this song. The water antics with the Edge are one of my favorite parts of the concert.
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me was a better intermission than The Fly, but maybe not The Wanderer.
14. Elevation: Despite the Influx mix intro, don't need to hear this again.
15. Vertigo: Bono commanding the stage in his top hat proved he's the showman that he is.
16. Desire: Liked the Hollywood remix.
17. Acrobat: The MacPhisto speech was epic and hearing this song live was a dream come true. I grinned the entire time.
18. You're the Best Thing About Me: Liked the Landlady snippet. I somewhat liked this version but would've preferred the album version.
19. Staring at the Sun: POP!!!
20. Pride (In the Name of Love): Great song. Was close to The Edge's side. Bono sang with so much passion.
21. Get Out Of Your Own Way: Loved the messages and the song.
22. American Soul: I didn't like the album version but this song ruled live.
23. City of Blinding Lights: Would've preferred a different song to close the main set but I can't complain.
24. One: Nailed it.
25. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way: I really liked this version live. They placed an emphasis on the lyrics and sound with the lack of visuals.
26. 13 (There Is a Light): Awkward but beautiful way to close the concert. I liked the light bulb connection back to I&E and the dollhouse.
Overall, this show was amazing. People like to hate this tour because there are no The Joshua Tree songs and they're are recycling old songs but the theme of this show is beautiful and inspiring. I feel I am at the crossroads between innocence and experience in my own life. Hearing U2's story is a good reminder of the two phases of life is what I was looking for.
Plus, the band rocked. Great concert and I have another nice T-shirt. No complaints.
tourdb © 1997 - 2019 tourdb (at) popsmart (dot) org